Yummy Fall recipe
Recently, I attended and area rug continuing education event. At the meet and greet there was a plethora of the usual snacks and beverages. This time however, there was one in which I had to indulge….er’ maybe over-indulge. The recipe is fairly simple, but the taste and presentation made it a huge hit. Thought I’d share the recipe .
· 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened *
· 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin
· 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
BEAT cream cheese and pumpkin in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add sugar, cinnamon and ginger; mix thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with fresh fruit, bite-size cinnamon graham crackers, gingersnap cookies, toasted mini-bagels, toast slices, muffins and/or English muffins.
* NOTE: For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute light cream cheese (Neufchâtel) for cream cheese.
Download McCartin's October specials